Saturday, May 23, 2015

OMSI

January 25, 2015.  My regular Sunday afternoon visit with my son and hsi family took place today at OMSI, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. It is close enough that I was able to walk there, taking aobut 30 minutes, and on the way I noticed some eating places I had not been aware of previosuly.

I met my son and his five-year-old daughter there, and we spent the afternoon enjoying the many exhibits the palce has to offer. It is extremely kid-friendly, and my granddaughter spent hours enjoying the varous play areas for kids; the place seemed to be a combination of kids' museum and science museum.

Outside the building I noticed a new bridge over the Willamette River, and I realized that this bridge was not yet in operation, but was being built to carry the new orange light rail line, which will begin operation on Sept. 12th as the fifth light rail line in the awesome Tri-Met public transportation system which Portlanders are so rightfully proud of. (A newspaper article reported that it will open on time, and that preparations are actually running ahead of schedule.) There is an orange line station at my usual bus stop just two blocks from my apartment, so this will be an exciting development for me personally, as I love riding the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment