Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My New Apartment

Monday, November 24, 2014.  After crashing on the dining room floor of my son's house for three months, I finally have my own Portland apartment! It is in the Brooklyn district, located in southeast Portland a few blocks east of the Willamette River.

The apartment has a beautiful bamboo floor, bamboo being considered more environmentally sustainable than hardwood floors due to the much short time to regenerate after harvesting. The apartment has no carpet at all, which is great considering my various allergies and sensitivities. It's not a stretch to say that this is probably the first truly healthy living space I've ever had in my life.

I immediately located the neighborhood bar, a place called Houndog's Bar & Grill, which sits on the corner of Milwaukie and Holgate streets. The afternoon special of hamburger and beer for $5 is awesome, and the place has a friendly, neighborhood bar feel to it. Like Cheers, it's a place where "everyone knows your name".

No comments:

Post a Comment